Social Work, Counselling & Connectivity
About Social Work /Counselling at Langs
As a part of the holistic approach to your health care, Langs offers free, confidential counselling to individuals, couples and families wanting to improve their well-being. We recognize that you often have existing coping skills and ways of dealing with struggles, and we support you to recognize and develop those characteristics helpful to you.
How to access counselling at Langs
- Referral – You can refer yourself for counselling or be referred by one of the Langs staff, including your health care provider. You will receive an initial appointment with a counsellor and learn more about the counselling process. If required, you may be placed on a waitlist until there is a counsellor available to meet with you.
- Appointments – Langs will provide 6-12 sessions of counselling to explore the issues and create/work on goals.
- Fees and Cancellations – This service is free for individuals and families who do not have benefits. We ask that you give at least 24 hours notice if you need to cancel appointments.
Child / Youth Counselling
- If your child is under the age of 12, we will need parent/guardian consent before we are able to provide service.
- We ask that a parent/guardian be available during the counselling sessions, so that there is opportunity to communicate about the issues that your child is dealing with.
- If you are a Langs patient call 519-653-1470, press “4” and ask to speak with medical reception.
- If not a patient, call 519-653-1470, press “4” and ask for Intake Social Work.
- Please note that if you have an Employee Assistance Program available to you and your family, we will ask that you access this resource first.
Learn more about the Connectivity Project by watching this video: Connectivity-Waterloo-Region-SD
Read the Cambridge Times Article about work of the Connectivity Table
To learn more about the Health Link initiative please read the brochure here: HEALTH LINK BROCHURE
For the Health Link Referral Form: CLICK HERE