Early Years Centre
About the Early Years Centre at Langs
Langs is a satellite of the Ontario Early Years Centre. The organization offers a variety of programs for parents/caregivers and their children ages 0-6 years. Early Years programs combine social and recreational programming with education on topics such as child development, early literacy and parenting.
- Early Years
- A parent/caregiver drop in program that discusses common topics for raising children 0-6 years old. Child development, social-emotional health, and parenting concerns are the main focus for this program. Childcare available.
- Parent/Caregiver & Tot
- An off-site program that promotes interaction with parents/caregivers and their children. This is a structured program that includes various developmental learning centres, crafts, snack, and circle time
- Positive Discipline A non-violent, solution-focused, and respectful curriculum based on child development principles. The curriculum links how child development helps the problem solving process in the parent child dyad from birth to 18 years. Parents will learn to respect the whole child, their dignity and developmental needs. The program will increase parental understanding of child development and awareness of children’s rights. Weekly sessions will be instruction based with interactive real life scenarios. This is a closed group and runs for 9 weeks at a time. Childcare available.
- Screening Clinics A great opportunity for parents/caregivers of children 0-6 years old to be screened by various professionals on child development. Health care providers include: Nurse, Social Worker, Dietitian, Dental Hygienist, Optometrist, Audiologist, and Speech and Language Therapist.
- 1, 2, 3 Read with Me A program for parents, caregivers and children to have fun with literacy! A book is featured every week and a related craft and activities are offered based on the book. Mondays 9:30-11 am Langs Main Site
- Little Jumping Beans A program for parents, caregivers, and their children to have fun with physical activity. Children explore developmental activities to encourage healthy large motor development. Tuesdays 9:30-11 am Gym, Langs Main Site
Baby Friendly Initiative
The Baby-Friendly Initiative (BFI) is a global initiative started by the World Health Organization (WHO) and UNICEF in 1991. The goal of the BFI is to protect, promote and support breastfeeding, and to support informed decision-making about infant feeding.
Langs is pursuing BFI designation. We promote exclusive breastfeeding and we welcome you to breastfeed at our site.